Matar Paneer By Somya Gupta
- Paneer – 200 gms
- Boiled peas/ matar – 1 cup
- Chopped tomato – 1 cup
- Chopped onions – 1 cup
- Curd/ dahi – 1 cup
- Cream/ malai – 1/2 cup
- Chopped ginger and chilli – 1 tablespoon
- Ciba Garam Masala – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 6 tablespoons
- Jeera – 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Ciba kashmiri mirch powder – 1 teaspoon
- Ciba kitchen king – 1 teaspoon
- Salt as per taste
- Ghee – 1 tablespoon
- Heat 4 tablespoons of oil in a kadhai
- Fry paneer until light golden colour. Take out paneer from oil.
- Add whole garam masala and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add ginger and chilli and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add onions and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato and cook for 10 minutes.
- Take out onions and tomato masala from the pan and let it cool down.
- When masala completely cools down, grind it.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan and add cumin seeds to it.
- When seeds crackle, add turmeric, red chili powder, coriander powder and saute the mixture for a minute.
- Add onion tomato paste. Saute for 3-4 minutes
- Add beaten curd and cream. Continuously stir the curry to avoid curdling in it.
- When gravy reaches to boiling temperature, add paneer and peas.
- Add kitchen king masala
- Add salt and then cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add garam masala and sprinkle coriander leaves for garnishing. Switch off the gas.
- Heat ghee in a separate pan and then add kashmiri mirch powder. Pour the tadka on matar paneer curry.
Delicious and rich curry ‘Matar Paneer’ is ready to be served with naan/ roti/ rice.