Masala Pav By Vagisha Gupta
- Onion- 1 (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes-2 (finely chopped)
- Capsicum -1 (finely chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste( 3-4 garlic + 1/2 inch ginger+ 2 green chillies)
- Cumin seeds -1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Pav bhaji Masala- 3-4 tsp
- Salt as required
- Butter- 2 tbsp
- Water- 3/4 cup
- Pav buns -4 (cut into halves)
- Butter -2 tbsp (for toasting the pav)
- Onion- 1 chopped
- Coriander leaves- 2tbsp (chopped)
- Lemon – 1 (half cut/ quartered)
- In a pan, melt the butter and add cumin seeds.
- When the jeera crackles, add ginger garlic paste.
- When the aroma of garlic goes away, add the chopped onions. Saute till they are translucent.
- Then add the chopped tomatoes. Saute for 3-4 mins.
- Then add red chilli powder and pav bhaji Masala.
- Mix masalas well with the onion tomato mixture.
- Add chopped capsicum and saute for 2 mins.
- Now add the salt and water.
- Bring the mixture to simmer on low to medium flame for few mins.
- This will thickens the mixture and reduces as it simmers.
- The masala will come to its consistency. Masala is ready.
- Toast the sliced pav with the butter on both the sides and evenly place the masala on one side..
- Garnish with onion, coriander leaves and lemon.
It’s an easy, quick and tasty recipe for all the street food lovers..